Lowes!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I went to Lowes today (again) to check if the manager would let me film in their store. I actually like the setting so much more than Home Depot, especially since there's less people, it has a cooler color scheme, and the decoration is more simplistic. I was told to come back tomorrow since the store manager wasn't there, so HOPEFULLY by then I will receive good news. I also took some sample pictures and edited them:




Here I have some of the warm colors shown in the paint section. I want the color of my main actor's clothing to all be the same, but have a deeper meaning behind it. Here are what some warm colors represent:
  • Red: anger, passion, rage, desire, excitement, energy, speed, strength, power, heat, love, aggression, danger, fire, blood, war, violence 
  • Pink: love, innocence, healthy, happy, content, romantic, charming, playfulness, soft, delicate, feminine
  • Orange: humor, energy, balance, warmth, enthusiasm, vibrant, expansive, flamboyant
  • Yellow: wisdom, knowledge, relaxation, joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, dishonesty, cowardice, betrayal, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness, hazard 


On the other side, here are some of the cool colors they have. Here are what some of them represent:
  • Blue: faith, spirituality, contentment, loyalty, fulfillment peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, sky, water, cold, technology, depression
  • Green: healing, soothing, perseverance, tenacity, self-awareness, proud, unchanging nature, environment, healthy, good luck, renewal, youth, vigour, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience, envy
  • Purple:  erotic, royalty, nobility, spirituality, ceremony, mysterious, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning, power, sensitive, intimacy







  
Above is the wall I would want to use in one of the main scenes of my film. This wall is perfect for what I want: continuous and very colorful (including both warm/cool colors).



This is a sample picture of the specific color palette I would like to maintain throughout each scene. Since the wall includes a variety of colors, it will be hard to narrow down similar hues, but I think I will filter my shots to make them warmer/cooler depending on my preference. 

I'm going to revisit the store tomorrow, and hopefully they will allow me to film my favorite wall!!! 

xx Maria

Citations:

Fusco, J. (2016, June 24). Watch: The Psychology of Color in Film. Retrieved March 26, 2017, from http://nofilmschool.com/2016/06/watch-psychology-color-film

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts