Filming Details

Sunday, March 26, 2017

In my media class the other day I was freaking out because I didn't know how to mount my camera for my film production. + my teacher had already lent out her tripods to other students.... However, I had to stay in school to meet with my art club officer board, and a gift was sent to me from the heavens. As I went into the closet to grab some wire we needed for a project, I spotted 5/6 tripods on the top shelf. My eyes lit up and I asked my sponsor if I could borrow it for the weekend! Thankfully, she agreed and even taught me about all the features it includes.

The tripod is perfect for all the my shots that only require panning and tilting rather than moving the camera itself. However, when I do plan to move the camera around, I'm going to attach the tripod to a rolling chair. 

Also, GREAT NEWS! I was finally granted permission to film at Lowes, which is a nice setting for my production. I went ahead and did a sort of sample film, a kind of rough-draft for it. However, there are still some MAJOR details I need to work out. 

  • I went  ahead and grabbed some color samples to print the titles onto... Need the titles in order to film. I'm thinking about making the font Futura, as it is one Wes Anderson includes in the credits of almost all of his films. This article further explains his choice amongst many others. 
  • I need a Tangible object for my movie title to be shown... By the way, I don't think I fully mentioned what I want the title to be, but I think I want it to be "SWATCH" (for paint swatch, of course). Anyway, I want the name to appear on a paint can and it to be emphasized when the paint can is placed down onto the counter. 
  • Clothing! As I said before, I want my main character to be dressed from head-to-toe in the same color. On the previous 'Lowes!' post I analyzed some color psychology to help me with my choice. I think I want either yellow or orange, as they can emphasize youthfulness, humor, vibrancy, knowledge, imagination, etc. (click here for the Lowes blog post
  • Besides my homemade rolling chair camera mount, I also need to bring another large item with me: the trademark yellow bike. My main character will arrive to the paint store in this bike, and since it is yellow it also represents similar elements to the clothing. 

The paint swatches I took from Lowes to print the titles onto.

The beautiful tripod!

xx Maria








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts