Filming Day 2

Saturday, April 08, 2017

So yesterday I filmed for the second time around... This time ONLY at Lowes and not using a green screen somewhere else. It went really well and I was able have a conttinuous color palette all throughout!! I adjusted the coloration by changing the white balance settings on my camera, here's some examples of the pink-ish tint my shots had:






My film 'crew' (consisting of two friends and my main actor) and I stayed there for about 2-3 hours, but we got a lot of amazing footage. However, we did run into a couple problems here and there... NOT with the actual production but with some of the people who were shopping at the hardware store.


Since my film opening is about a robbery, there are two scenes that emphasize the main idea by portraying my main actor with a ski mask. The two scenes only took about 15-30 seconds to film each, but wearing a ski mask in a public place can be a tad nerve wrecking. To be safe, I confirmed with the store manager that I was allowed to film at their store. I then warned the employees that we were filming someone with a ski mask, just so none of them would freak out. We tried filming when there wasn't a lot of people around, but honestly, the shot we were taking didn't even look REMOTELY threatening and actually rather humorous.



As we were about to start filming, Cesar (my actor), put on the mask and a large white man approached him and our crew. He came up to me and said something along these lines: "I know you got permission to do this, but I carry around a concealed handgun and there are many other people who do too". Honestly, I didn't even know what to respond because he was right next to me inside the store when I told the employees that I was filming this for a class and it clearly for educational purposes. After the whole thing my friends are I felt kind of intimidated, but we continued to film either way. I guess it's hard to film in public places without people having different reactions, but the situation was really weird in general. 



A little bump in the road but the footage is still fantastic ;-) I'll post about the editing process later since I'm still working! 


xx Maria

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts